martes, 28 de agosto de 2007

Chamba

Work. Finally I'm uploading pictures from this month at the ranch.

I really feel like I've done a little bit of everything (and alot! of other things ;)

Upstairs in the office:
Counting bags
Counting labels
Folding labels
Counting codes to go on labels
Putting codes on labels
Counting and organizing all the materials for each order

Downstairs in selection and packing:
Selecting/cleaning/weighing/packaging herbs
Packing the bags of herbs into boxs
Labeling the boxes
Sorting and taping the boxes together by each store's order. (Think Walmart: Oaxaca City, Mexico 1, Mexico 2, Mexico 3, Cuernavaca, Acapulco...etc.)

In the field:
Harvesting
Weeding
Seeding
Propagation
Transplanting

Hanging out with Baldemar and Alejandro while they:
Identify and record the pests and disease we find in each field
Checking on the tractor, aka mules ;)
Mix-up chemicals and supervise fumigators
Check-up on the fertilization via the irrigation system
Send flats of herbs to contractors
...Explain everything to me and answer my questions.

I'm loving my time here. And now, el rancho...

No hay comentarios: